UNDER OFFER after 3 months of advertising
|Land Surface Area:||15600m2|
|Energy Efficiency:||D- 218|
|CO2 Emissions:||D - 27|
UNDER OFFER – after 3 months of advertising with PPS offer has been accepted.
Located mid-way between Bergerac and Bordeaux in one of the most beautiful wine growing areas of France, situated in an elevated rural not isolated position on the edge of the village of Nastringues, sits this delightful stone farmhouse, with a habitable area of 345msq, an exceptional property having been beautifully and fully renovated.
This traditional stone French farmhouse enjoys a South facing aspect, within its own parkland setting and magnificent grounds of 1.56 hectares including it’s own small wood.
On entering the property from the quiet country road through electric gates there is ample shaded parking for several vehicles. The gardens that surround the property comprise of a mixture of lawn, rose borders and delightful well established rockery.
The gardens have an irrigation system installed, linked to two wells, and surrounding the house are pleasant paved terraces, providing generous areas for outside dining and relaxing.
The small wood contains a mixture of hardwoods, and a variety of established fruit and nut trees including, Walnut, Chestnut, Fig, Cherry, Apple, Plum and Nectarine are planted throughout the grounds.
This typical French farmhouse has enjoyed a sympathetic renovation by skilled artisan/craftsmen whilst maintaining the integrity of the period, with a wealth of character, retaining many original features including exposed stone walls and beams.
Finest quality materials used throughout, with an exceptional high degree of insulation to floors, walls and roof spaces, offering coolness in summer and warmth in winter.
On entering the house itself, from the front entrance door through a glazed lobby it opens into a delightful hallway, with a traditional terracotta tiled floor, with oak wood inlay.
The hallway gives access to the main living areas, and access to the first floor via a stunning hand crafted, easy rise oak staircase.
The far end of the hallway gives access through glazed screens to larder area, laundry and wine store/cave.
The rooms are all of generous proportions.
The ground floor comprises of a large fitted kitchen, central island with double sink, cosy wood-burning stove set in the original fireplace, dining room/sitting room with access to terrace, large lounge with magnificent insert fireplace and access to south terrace and gardens, office/study or bedroom. Further a delightful spacious master bedroom with en-suite shower/wc, together with dressing/lounge area with access to gardens.
- Main entrance hallway with lobby of 22m2
- Fitted kitchen with fire place (wood burner) of 29m2
- Dining/sitting room with patio door access to the terrace of 20m2
- Large lounge of 34m2 with insert wood burner and oak floors
- Office/bedroom 4 of 23m2 with oak floors
- Cloakroom of 4m2 (off the hallway)
- Master bedroom of 50m2, with patio door access to gardens, en-suite shower room with bidet and wc of 6m2
- Pantry of 13m2
- Laundry/utility room with shower and wc of 9m2
- Wine cellar/cave of 8m2
The first floor has original pine flooring throughout, a galleried landing gives access to two double bedrooms and a family bathroom complete with bath, large shower and wc.
- Galleried landing with built in linen cupboard.
- Double bedroom 20m2, with large fitted wardrobe.
- Second double bedroom 13m2 with built in wardrobe.
- Family bath and shower room 9m2, with wc and fitted vanity unit/storage.
- Boiler room 6m2, with 2 boilers interlinked: one oil fired and the other wood fired, fully programmable
- Attached barn of 85m2, with access from hallway, concrete floor, workbench and large access doors to outside.
Covered BBQ/al fresco dining area of 20m2, with garden storage room of 7m2
- 2 interlinked wells, with electrics.
- Mature garden with irrigation system.
- Extensive paved terraces.
- Variety of several plants, shrubs, fruit trees, woodland area.
- Useful open hangar ideal for storage of wood, hay, straw etc.
- Exterior lighting.
- The property had been re-roofed
- Fully centrally heated
- High level of insulation
- Double glazed throughout
- Electrics rewired throughout
- New septic tank conforming to regualtions
- Landscaped gardens and grounds
- Small wood
The village of Nastringues, is only 5 minutes drive from the historic bastide town of Ste Foy la Grande that sits on the banks of the Dordogne River.
This medieval market town offers a wide selection of everyday shopping and facilities, including a fantastic Saturday market reputed to be one of the finest in France.
The town has: Supermarkets, Bars/Restaurants, Doctors/Dentists, Post Office, Hospital, Railway Station etc, whilst Bergerac with it’s airport is only 30 minutes drive and Bordeaux (a shoppers paradise) with it’s airport only 1 hours drive away.
- Central Heating
- Double Glazed
- Internet Connection
- Off Street Parking
- Telephone Connection
- Utilities Connection
- Utility Room
- Water Connection
- Wood Burner