Winegrower's, charming, fully renovated 19th century stone property.
An oasis of calm and tranquility in a pretty village, in the South of France and only 4km to the bustling and historic town of Narbonne and 30 minutes to the Mediterranean beaches.
This charming 19th century, solid stone-built house is full of character and has been renovated to a very high standard. It has 4-bedrooms, a total of 200m2 of living space and lovely low-maintenance landscaped and walled gardens of 800m2. Also, it has a studio of 111m2 which may be easily converted to extra living space or an apartment.
This immaculate and very comfortable top quality 19th century house is warm and cosy in winter and cool in summer. It is a magnificent house full of French charm and character. The house needs to be seen to be fully appreciated.
Description of the building (all measurements are approximate).
- *Master bedroom 33sqm including bathroom (shower, toilet, bidet and washbasin), plus a further 3 bedrooms
- *Family bathroom is an impressive 15sqm with corner bath, separate shower and bidet and separate toilet
- *Kitchen 20sqm, fully fitted with double doors to garden terrace and door to its own well
- *Dining room 14sqm with doors to garden terrace
- *Comfortable, spacious and airy sitting room/lounge 34sqm
- *Unusually large laundry and office space 27sqm on ground floor and separate toilet
- *Bright airy studio, 111sqm, with access to house and upper garden. Separate access to street. Potential for easily developing into extra living space or separate apartment/gite
- *Centrally heated throughout; 18 radiators and newly installed top quality central heating boiler
- *Integral double garages for two large cars eg SUV and with ample storage and head space
- *Double glazed wood windows and wood doors throughout
- *Mains water and sewerage
- *Own private well with electric pump to water gardens with free water
Please see Floor Plan (not to scale)
Private, walled and landscaped gardens to front and rear of house each with a terrace and offering options of sun/shade throughout the day. Ample rear garden permits installation of swimming pool, however beautiful Mediterranean sandy beaches only 30 minutes drive from house. In addition to all the typical Mediterranean shrubs, plants and trees in the gardens, there are almond trees in the rear garden and a mature persimmon tree on the front terrace which produces an abundance of beautiful and nutritious fruit annually.
The village has a bakery, Vival grocery shop, hairdressers, newsagents, post office, yet only a short drive to Narbonne town centre and to a choice of supermarkets.
Within easy reach of major motorways plus choice of six airports each easily within 2 hours drive but Montredon is always tranquil. Spanish border is only 50 minutes drive away and beautiful sandy beaches of Spain a further 1hr’s drive.
Please contact John or Linda to arrange a visit.
- Central Heating
- Double Glazed
- Internet Connection
- Mains Drainage
- Off Street Parking
- Out Building/s
- Telephone Connection
- Utilities Connection
- Water Connection