Character 4 bed 3 bathroom farmhouse, Smallholding with 7ha land/woodland, 2 stone barns, additional outbuildings, heated swimming pool and orangery.
The house is situated in a small hamlet on the outskirts of Jumilhac Le Grand in the Dordogne with it’s rolling hills, fairytale castles and stunning scenery. Here there is a bar, restaurant and bistro as well as the local bakery, butcher, grocery and hairdresser.
Saint Yrieix La Perche is a medieval town ten minutes drive away where there are several supermarkets, restaurants, bars, cinema and swimming lake.
The house dates back to 1790 and has been beautifully restored to a very high standard, maintaining it’s French charm and character. No expense has been spared in creating a family home with that wow factor!!
* Four large bedrooms (three ensuite).
* Eco system installed which is a combination of wood and solar energy
* Bespoke Dining Kitchen fitted with handcrafted units and granite worktops. Included is a Rangemaster with 7 burners and double oven.
* Open plan Lounge, Library
* Summer room
* Heated Pool
* A state of the art heating system has been installed to incorporate wood solar and oil to provide all year round heating and hot water for very little cost.
* Outside, the house is surrounded by lawned areas
* Mixture of outbuildings, a stone barn has been converted into workshops/Gallery/Games Room, and a partially renovated stone barn, bread oven, agricultural barn, a large animal shed, and potting shed.
* Grazing and woodland making it ideal for horses or other animals. There are several wells plus a pond and stream on the property. All fields have the bonus of piped water. The land in total is 7 hectares.
* Ideal smallholding
The main door leads into the bespoke Kitchen which has been fitted with handcrafted units and granite worktops. Included is a Rangemaster with 7 burners and double oven. A Double-Faced Wood Burner between the kitchen and lounge gives it a nice modern twist. A mixture of Natural Stone and Wooden Floors have been fitted throughout the house creating a timeless appeal. There is a toilet and utility room off the kitchen which have been fitted with matching units.
A stone archway leads into the lounge which is fantastic for entertaining or curling up in front of the fire.
Stone steps lead to the library/games room and beyond is a recent extension, an orangery. Sliding doors disappear into the walls to create a covered area in the summer and a cosy area in the winter. An inset fire doubles up as an oven which makes it a lovely setting for entertaining. The Heated Pool is but three steps away…how idyllic!!
On the first floor there are three large en-suite bedrooms, the master suite has a shower and a Roll-Top Bath for that little bit of luxury. There is a ground floor bedroom which is being used as an office, pipework is available for en-suite facility.
A state of the art heating system has been installed to incorporate wood, solar and oil and can be used independently to provide all year round heating and hot water for very little cost.
Outside, the house is surrounded by lawned areas and planting. Mature trees act as natural shade where seating areas have been created.
The owners have had a 10×5 meter, heated pool installed. Locally sourced stone has been laid around the pool and on the floor of the Summer room.
The barn has been partially restored with new roof and walls. It would make a fantastic four bedroom gite. Water and electricity are on site.
There are a mixture of outbuildings, a stone barn has been converted into workshops/Gallery/Games Room, and a further partially renovated stone barn for anyone looking for a project. In addition there is an agricultural barn a large animal shed, and potting shed. A mixture of fruit trees have been planted beside the vegetable garden. There is a mixture of grazing and woodland making it ideal for horses or other animals. All fields have the bonus of piped water.
The land in total is 7 hectares. There are several wells plus a pond and stream on the property.