Dordogne Périgord Noir: Charming property comprising a Périgordine style house dating from 1996 with around 195 m2 of living space, adjoining garage, terrace, large veranda, a pool (11m x 5m) and a stone “borie”, all set in around 6148 m2 of enclosed and landscaped grounds, with views, just outside a village that has a bar / restaurant and an excellent butcher and baker, 10 minutes north of Sarlat La Canéda in the Dordogne.
Main features :
– a South-facing house on two floors providing around 195 m2 of living space
– large East and South facing veranda with underfloor heating (50 m2)
– an entrance hall with wooden stairs to the first floor, terra cotta floor tiles (8 m2)
– large South-facing living/dining room with fireplace, wood-burning stove and terra cotta floor tiles (37 m2)
– oak-fitted kitchen, gas hob / electric ovens & hotplate with tiled floor leading to the veranda (15m2)
– a larder with laundry area adjoining the kitchen (6m2)
– downstairs bedroom with en-suite shower, leading to veranda (18m2)
– downstairs toilet with washbasin
– all areas have traditional sloping roofs, so floor areas shown are areas with headroom >170cm.
– first floor landing, linking all four upstairs bedrooms bathrooms and toilets
– 2 bedrooms with parquet flooring (10m2,13m2)
– 1 bedroom with carpet flooring (12m2)
– 1 bedroom with tiled floor (12m2)
– bathroom with bath and shower and wc (7m2)
– shower room with washbasin (6m2), and adjacent w.c.
– large adjoining garage with access to the véranda (36m2)
– covered terrace facing the pool
– large landscaped garden completely enclosed by a laurel hedge, and with far-reaching views.
– traditional style stone sheepfold “borie”
– a swimming pool (11m x 5m) (new liner) with terrace surround, roman steps, winter security cover and alarm
– electric central heating with 13KW wood- burning stove in the living room
– double glazing and full roof insulation
– conforming septic tank
– underfloor heating in veranda
– telephone and internet access
– metered water
– bottled gas for cooker
The house faces south with the covered terrace leading to the swimming pool area.
The 6148 m2 of grounds are completely enclosed and private with fully mature hedges, landscaped with mature trees and shrubs, lawn and flower beds as well as a variety of fruit and nut trees (apple, cherry, plum, fig, kiwi, walnut and chestnut).
Entrance to the property is through large wrought-iron gates to a gravelled parking area and garage beyond.
A lovely property with lots of charm and character in excellent condition, located in a peaceful setting without being totally isolated… Only 10 minutes drive to Sarlat La Canéda with all amenities, and only a few minutes to a village with baker, butcher and bar/restaurant.
Taxes Foncières : 2072 Euros for 2019/20
Purchase costs + taxes: 32000 Euros (approx.)
Telephone and Internet Connection
Off Street Parking
757 total views, 6 views today