Dordogne Périgord Noir: Charming property comprising a Périgordine style house dating from 1996 with around 200 m2 of living space, adjoining garage,terrace, large veranda, a pool : 11m x 5m and a stone “borie”, all set in around 6148 m2 of enclosed and landscaped grounds, with views, just outside a village that has an excellent butcher and baker, north of Sarlat La Canéda in the Dordogne.
Main features :
– a South-facing house on two floors providing around 200 m2 of living space
– large East and South facing veranda with underfloor heating :50 m2
– an entrance hall with wooden stairs to the first floor, terra cotta floor tiles :8 m2
– large South-facing living/dining room with fireplace, wood-burning stove and terra cotta floor tiles : 37 m2
– oak-fitted kitchen, gas hob / electric ovens & hotplate with tiled floor : 15m2 leading to the veranda
– a larder with laundry area adjoining the kitchen : 6m2
– downstairs bedroom : 18m2 with en-suite shower, leading to veranda
– downstairs toilet with washbasin
– all areas have traditional sloping roofs, so floor areas shown are areas with headroom of more than 170cm.
– first floor landing, with storeroom big enough for a separate toilet : 9m2
– 2 bedrooms with parquet flooring : 10m2, 13m2
– 1 bedroom with carpet flooring : 12m2
– 1 bedroom with tiled floor : 13m2
– bathroom with bath and shower and wc : 7m2
– second bathroom : 5m2 with large shower, and adjacent wc with wash basin.
– large adjoining garage : 36m2 with access to the véranda
– covered terrace facing the pool
– large landscaped garden completely enclosed of around 6148 m2
– traditional style stone sheepfold “borie”
– a swimming pool : 11m x 5m with terrace surround, roman steps, winter security cover and alarm
– electric central heating with 13KW wood- burning stove in the living room
– double glazing and full roof insulation
– conforming septic tank
– underfloor heating in veranda
– telephone and internet access
– metered water
– bottled gas for cooker
The house faces south with the covered terrace leading to the swimming pool area.
The 6148 m2 of grounds are completely enclosed and private with fully mature hedges, landscaped with mature trees and shrubs, lawn and flower beds as well as a variety of fruit and nut trees (apple, cherry, plum, fig, kiwi, walnut and chestnut).
Entrance to the property is through large wrought-iron gates to a graveled parking area and garage beyond.
A lovely property with lots of charm and character in excellent condition, located in a peaceful setting without being totally isolated… Only 10 minutes drive to Sarlat La Canéda with all amenities, and only a few minutes to a village with baker, butcher and bar/restaurant.
Purchase costs + taxes: 30,000 Euros (approx.)